Re: UTF-8 on the Unicode list (Exmh)

From: Markus Kuhn (Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 04:17:34 EDT

John Wilcock wrote on 2000-04-18 07:10 UTC:
> If there's one place where UTF-8 messages ought to be acceptable, this
> is surely it... Unicode-capable mailers exist, and we ought to be
> using them.

Good news for users of the MH mailing system (Unix), which I guess is
the most popular email software at least in Computer Science departments
around the world:

Starting with Exmh 2.1.1 and Tcl/Tk 8.1 (current version: 8.3), there is
now also UTF-8 support available for your MH installation.

Upgrade today (or persuade your sys-admins to do so)!

All you need is on:

http://www.beedub.com/exmh/
http://dev.scriptics.com/software/tcltk/download83.html
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/download/ucs-fonts.tar.gz