Re: COPYLEFT SIGN

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand (Harald@Alvestrand.no)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 06:40:27 EDT

At 01:22 16.05.2000 -0800, Antoine Leca wrote:
>In fact, the precedent was the inclusion of copyright, TM etc.
forgive me for being naive here, I possibly missed some earlier context.

the symbols for copyright, trademark et al have been included because they
(among other things) existed in preexisting character sets, and thus had to
be preserved to preserve the round-trip property. (Right?)

what is the evidence that a reversed copyright symbol is used, or useful?
the next one in the series may be the Great Seal of the Massachusetts
Institute of Technology, which used to be part of some X fonts.....

                Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no