FW: Setting up UTF in my web site

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 14:21:29 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Levy [mailto:jlevy1979@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2000 12:06 PM
To: info@unicode.org
Subject: Setting up UTF in my web site

I am setting up a personal web site, and I would like to be able for it to
contain English, Spanish, Hebrew, and Japanese, without having to resort to
graphics file being referenced for every letter of a non-roman alphabet.

What should I do for the META tags? How do I reference each character? And,
is
there an application that will allow me to write directly in the Unicode
standard regardless of language (I am using a Macintosh computer)?

Thank you for your time,
J. Levy