is JIS X0213 being integrated, if so, when?

From: Gunther Schadow (gunther@aurora.rg.iupui.edu)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 03:06:07 EDT

Hi again,

earlier this month or so I posted about "Japan opposes ..." and
here I am back with what others have foreseen: I could tease out
the truth that JIS X0221 :-) is a superset of both JIS X 0208 and
JIS X 0212 but there is this JIS X 0213 available now for the
ISO 2022 charset switching system. I have seen that there are
14000 Japanese Kanji waiting in the proposal queue for Unicode
but couldn't ifdentify what this is. Is it X 0213? Will it be
integrated soon? My Japanese collegue's comment was that people
feel that JIS X 0208 has overly unified writing variances and
0213 is here to remedy this mistake.

Any good news I can offer my collegues there?

thank you very much,
-Gunther