RE: How to??? - ask on lynx-dev

From: Mike Brown (mbrown@corp.webb.net)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 18:34:02 EDT

There are many possible points of failure. Rather than ask on the Unicode
list, you should ask on the lynx-dev list. First sift through the
information at http://www.trill-home.com/lynx.html and
http://www.trill-home.com/lynx/support.html (where I see some links to info
for Japanese users of Lynx).

If those pages are not of much help, write to lynx-dev@sig.net and include
as much information as possible, including the answers to these questions:

1. What flavor of UNIX you are using? (Linux? FreeBSD? Solaris? AIX?)

2. Are you at the console? (Is your keyboard plugged into the box that Lynx
is running on?)

3. Are you using a text mode in the display hardware, or are you using an X
Window environment with something like xterm or kterm?

4. If you are not at the console, what SSH or telnet software are you using,
and on what platform? (example: SecureCRT on Windows NT or telnet from an
xterm window on your own Linux box)

5. And what shell are you using? Is it csh or tcsh, sh or bash, ksh or zsh,
or...?

I'm sure there is someone on the lynx-dev list who can help you. Good luck.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/ |