Characters for Programming Languages

From: From Net Link (kgw-net@stiscan.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 22:54:27 EDT

I am interested in using additional characters for programming languages.
C++ and other languages cause all sort of programs and mistakes
reusing (overloading) the use of the small set of ASCII character.
The set of math characters contains most of what would be nice but
I do not see additional parentheses. The ASCII () [] {} are not sufficient.
It would be nice of at least three more pairs were added to the math set.
I also do not see the common divide symbol, sort of like a colon with a minus through it.
Backspace overtyping would not be very convenient in programming languages.