Re: [unicode] Re: (TC304.2313) AND/OR: antediluvian views

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 01:09:18 EDT

At 10:35 AM 6/14/00 -0800, you wrote:
>At 09:57 AM 06/13/2000 -0800, Otto Stolz wrote:
>><Off-topic>
>>
>>Am 2000-06-13 um 17:49 h hat Alain geschrieben:
>> > [Having pictograms everywhere] is much lighter than having to provide
>> > indications, say, in 12 languages (most common example: toilets).
>
>Watch out when you go to the bathroom in Scotland. The Dress/Slacks
>Female/Male outlines might not fly there since the Female outline looks
>Male to them (Kilts you know <g>).

since we are thoroughly off-track now...

In the state of California, restroom signs look like they are further
standardized. As far as I can tell as visitor, they seem to have a
requirement to use large blue circle for the womens and a large blue
triangle for the mens (or was it the other way around, can't check right
now ;-) with the pictograms on top of that. Someone seems to have felt the
need to accommodate the nearly, but not totally, blind with this
regulation. Perhaps the natives can enlighten us more.

A./