Re: Gender symbols

From: Herman Ranes (
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 03:04:54 EDT

In biology U+2640 is used as a 'female' symbol, and U+2642 as a 'male'
symbol, as reflected by their UNICODE names...

Occasionally, I have seen these on toilet doors, in Germany and the
Netherlands I think.

They are both in WGL4.

-Herman skreiv:
> I'd think a down-pointing triangle would be for the LADIES' room, for obvious
> reasons....
> How about male and female Nidoran at a Pokémon convention?
> Once in a book I saw a top hat and top of a cane for the men's room and a fan
> for the ladies' room.
> I would suggest the digits 0 and 1, except then I would have a thousand heel
> marks on my body.
> Anybody else got ideas?
> ** 11-Digit Boy **
> My site is:
> Get free email and a permanent address at

Herman Ranes                  Høgskolen i Sør-Trøndelag
                              Avdeling for teknologi
Telefon   +47 73559606        Institutt for elektroteknikk
Telefaks  +47 73559581
<>          N-7004 Trondheim   NOREG