italic variants of CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER I

From: Gary P. Grosso (gpg@arbortext.com)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 11:40:27 EDT

A user's query has been passed on to me, regarding
CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER I and CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER SHORT I
(U+0438 and U+0439). They pointed out that they
noticed that when they are italicized, they look like Us
instead of backward Ns.

I'm pretty sure this is as it should be (the font in question
is MS Times New Roman), but I'd appreciate hearing from
someone in the know, or even better, finding an online
reference I could cite. (I looked at unicode.org, and a few
other places, but didn't find italic versions of Cyrillic
anywhere.)

Thanks for any help!

---
Gary Grosso