Re: Looking up han characters

From: John Hudson (
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 17:04:50 EDT

At 11:00 AM 6/28/00 -0800, wrote:

>How do I look up a han character if I don't know its codepoint? What if all I
>have is its shape, or its EUC-JP or Shift-JIS number? There are a couple I
>want to see.

If you know the characters you are looking for in their Japanese (Kanji)
form, you might find the new _Kanji Learners Dictionary_ useful. This is
edited by Jack Halpern and published by, I think, Kodayashi. It has several
methods of looking up characters by stroke count, radical, etc., and has
the great benefit of providing the Unicode codepoint for each entry.

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks
Vancouver, BC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jul 10 2001 - 17:21:05 EDT