Re: Acronyms

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine.Leca@renault.fr)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 13:27:07 EDT

First, I am sorry for the previous message, which was badly tagged
as utf-8 while it was encoded as iso-8859-1; this one is better, I hope.

Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com wrote:

> > [...] plan supplémentaire pour idéogrammes CJK, [...]
>
> But is "CJK" the correct acronym for "chinois, japonais, coréen"!?

You are right, here is a second discrepancy: it ought to be "CJC" instead.

Also, SMP is intended "for scripts and symbols" in English, and
in French « pour caractères et symboles » ("for characters and
symbols"), a slightly different thing...

(And if I were the French Editor, I will use « à but*s* parti-
culier*s* » for GPP. But I left this one to the real Editor ;-)).

Antoine