Re: Names of planes, and request for sneak preview

From: John Cowan (
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 12:14:44 EDT

Mark Davis wrote:

> It would be nice to have another positive, non-acronymic term for
> those characters above FFFF, but none has yet arisen.

I coined the term "Astral Planes" for the space 10000-10FFFF, but it
ticked off someone or other (I suppose because it might suggest that
they weren't worthy of implementation) and I stopped using it.

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <> Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau, || Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau, || Und trank die Milch vom Paradies. -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)