Re: Euro character in ISO

From: brendan_murray@lotus.com
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 09:52:20 EDT

Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:
>Then when you said you used 8859-21 you'd get CP-1252 and Windows
>would no longer need to lie (or tell the truth by admitting it is
>CP-1252).
And because certain companies had (and still have) bugs in their comms
products, incorrectly identifying CP1252 data as ISO 8859-1, ISO standards
should reject ISO-2022 and populate C1 with graphic characters?

I suppose other inconsiderate incompatibilities such as the incorrect
encoding of half-pitch kana in ISO-2022-JP is the fault of ISO too?

Perhaps those companies that have these major bugs in their software, all
of which have been repeatedly pointed out, should fix the probems there.
The rest of the industry bends over backwards to accomodate these corrupt
data, so a little effort on the part of the guilty would help a lot, and
might prevent misguided postings like the above.

B=