RE: Subject lines in UTF-8 mssgs? [was: Proposal to make ...]

From: addison@inter-locale.com
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 12:24:05 EDT

Don't forget that your mail server and MTA *also* can modify the character
set of your message and have a role in interpreting your results..

One possibility is that the receiving end isn't enabled to handle the
character set tag on the subject line (you know, the thing with the
question mark). It's a common problem with some (especially
web-based) email systems... even if the RFC is pretty clear on the
subject. Sadly this is the first thing I check in mail systems and it is
often broken.

Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips Principal Consultant
Inter-Locale LLC http://www.inter-locale.com
Globalization Engineering & Consulting Services

+1 408.210.3569 (mobile) +1 408.904.4762 (fax)