Re: Designing a multilingual web site

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 21:10:48 EDT

To answer the specific problem you are having, think through what you have
done:

1) You copy garbage text to the clipboard
2) You paste garbage text into notepad
3) You ask notepad to save it, converting it to UTF-8
4) Notepad converts the whole file to UTF-8

Step #4 does not change the encoding while leaving the bytes after it
unchanged... it converts them and it does so without losing information.

What YOU want is something that will convert the information using the 1256
code page using the MultiByteToWideChar API in Windows. Notepad is not going
to do that for you.

michka