Re: Using unicode in a Java program

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 13:48:11 EDT

William Overington wrote:
> (hexadecimal) 109. From something I saw a long time ago, before I started
> learning Java, I think that I need to put something like \u0109 into the
> program somewhere, though whether it is \u0109 or "\u0109" in quotation
> marks or whatever I do not know.

you got it. you can have those \uhhhh anywhere, but if you want it to be part of the string, then have it in the string.
for example,

    public void init()
      {
        setBackground(Color.yellow);
        textstring="Comment \u0109a va?";
      }

the java documentation on the sun web site describes the lexical/syntactical structure of java programs in all details, including this one.

markus