Re: Unicode in VFAT file system

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 13:09:35 EDT

I sort of misspoke.... I do not mean that they only support UCS-2. I just
mean that usually in their products, interfaces, APIs, etc., they talk about
Unicode and they happen to be referring to UCS-2 (except on Windows 2000,
where surrogate support is definitely there and thus its more UTF-16).

That is why when they added UTF-8 to the notepad "save as" menu, they did
not say Unicode (UTF-8). Maybe they believed it would be confusing?

michka