RE: superscript minus sign

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 12:54:39 EDT

Zhen Ren wrote:
> How do I print the superscript minus sign?
> The unicode for this is \u207B.
> However, it is not printed correctly.
> Instead, it is an unrecognized character.

The code is correct, but you must use a font that contains the "glyph" for
that character, otherwise you will not see it.

I have these fonts with a glyph for U+207B:
- Arial Unicode MS
- Code 2000
- Lucida Sans Unicode
- MS Mincho

To find some of these fonts on the Web, see:

        http://www.unicode.org/unicode/onlinedat/resources.html

By the "\u" prefix that you used, I bet that you are working in Java.

In case you don't know how to install fonts in the Java environment, have a
look at the attached old message, where V.E. Ushakov explains how to do it.

_ Marco