Re: Cost per character?

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 15:14:25 EDT

Are we going to contrast this with:

a) The cost of teaching everyone English

b) The cost of implementing hundreds of code pages, each with their own
set of undocumented algorithms and implementation requirements

c) How else would we justify having meetings all over the world in
exotic places?

d) other?

;-)

--
If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, why practice?
Tex Texin                      Director, International Products

http://www.progress.com #1 Embedded Database http://www.SonicMQ.com JMS Messaging- Best Middleware Award http://www.aspconnections.com #1 provider in the ASP marketplace http://www.NuSphere.com Open Source software and services for MySQL

Globalization Program http://www.progress.com/partners/globalization.htm ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Come to the Panel on Open Source Approaches to Unicode Libraries at the Sept. Unicode Conference http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc17