RE: Summary: xml:lang validity and RFC 1766 refs to outdated

From: Mike Brown (
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 00:06:27 EDT

> I don't see anything in RFC 1766 that hardcodes it to the
> 1988 versions of either 639 or 3166.

I have taken this discussion off the Unicode list. I only started the thread
here because I was referencing an earlier post and because ISO 639 language
code updates were topical a couple months ago. It's not particularly
relevant to Unicode.

For those who are interested, my xml-dev post on 08 Aug 2000, archived at, and David
Brownell's xml-dev post on 09 Aug 2000, archived at, should lay it to

   - Mike
Mike J. Brown, software engineer at My XML/XSL resources: in Denver, Colorado, USA