(was: Which languages are supported in basic latin)

From: Gary P. Grosso (
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 15:54:47 EDT

This site would be worth inclusion in the Useful Resources
section of the Unicode site, I think. Actually, there is a
link to as "Database of
Latin letters and languages" under Linguistics and Script
Specialty Sites, which turns out, it seems, to be a redirect
to the excellent page at So I guess
the description and URI could stand to be updated. This page
goes well beyond Latin scripts (e.g., Cyrillic, Greek, Thai,

However, information of 16-bit Asian charsets is not included.
Does anyone know of a resource equal to this one in usability
and completeness for the CJK scripts? Thanks.

>To: "Unicode List" <>
>Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 01:29:42 -0800 (GMT-0800)
>Subject: RE: Which languages are supported in basic latin
>Halldor G. Gestsson:
> > Can I find a list where all languages supported in the basic latin
> > (0x0000-0x00FF)?
> > [...]
> > Wich languages uses the latin extensions A,B and C?
>Page <> contains the information to build your
>_ Marco

Gary Grosso
Arbortext, Inc.
Ann Arbor, MI, USA