Re: RFC 1766

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@compuserve.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 09:22:44 EDT

Antoine Leca <Antoine.Leca@renault.fr> wrote:

>> This means that some major, significant languages like Turkish and
>> Yoruba will never get two-letter codes, which seems odd somehow.
>
> Turkish is tr, and Yoruba is yo, since the beginning. What is the
> point?

They are not listed in the HTML page on Michael Everson's site, which
claims to be "complete and up-to-date as of 2000-02-19." But they are
listed in a text file, "Technical contents of ISO 639:1988," originally
typed by Keld Simonsen, wich I had ignored in favor of the version on
Everson's site.

Thank you for the correction.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California