Re: Identifying a Unicode character

From: addison@inter-locale.com
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 12:31:27 EDT

Or your problem may be that it is a Private Use Area character used with a "dingbat" font or as a presentation
form.

If Mark and Peter's utilities don't shed a lot of light on your problem,
you might want to save the file as RTF and look at the resulting
codes. You'll be able to see the specific font and the character's
encoding that way (provided you know how to read RTF).

Regards,

Addison