Re: Unicode on a non-Unicode web page

From: John Wilcock (john@tradoc.fr)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 03:48:11 EDT

[Sorry Paul, I didn't particularly intend to send this privately.
I notice that the Unicode list no longer sets a Reply-To: header.
Ô Sarasvati, might I humbly request that this behaviour be reinstated
(though of course not overriding any Reply-To that individual
subscribers may wish to set).]

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000 12:46:56 -0800 (GMT-0800), Paul Deuter wrote:
> Finally you also have the solution already suggested of encoding everything
> as UTF-8 and using that as your main character set. I don't know of an easy
> way of transliterating 8859-2 to UTF-8. The hard ways are using Notepad on
> Windows 2000 on a machine that has 8859-2 as the ANSI character set and
> saving to UTF-8.

One 'easy' way is to open the file as coded text using Word 2000,
selecting Central Europe (ISO) when opening and UTF-8 when saving.

John.

--
-- Over 1200 webcams from ski resorts around the world - http://www.tradoc.fr/john/webcams/
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - http://www.tradoc.fr/en/