Re: Unicode on a non-Unicode web page

From: John Cowan (
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 10:53:34 EDT

John Wilcock wrote:

> Sarasvati, might I humbly request that this behaviour be reinstated

And I even more humbly request that it *not* be reinstated. Rather
than reiterating the arguments, I will point to Chip Rosenthal's
"Reply-To Munging Considered Harmful" at , which is hereby
incorporated by reference, as the lawyers say.

In the interests of fair play, I will also point to Simon Hill's
"Reply-To Munging Considered Useful" at .

There is / one art                   || John Cowan <>
no more / no less                    ||
to do / all things                   ||
with art- / lessness                 \\ -- Piet Hein