Reply-To mess opinion [was Re: Unicode on a non-Unicode web page]

From: Mark Leisher (
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 12:47:16 EDT

Look out! Hot button political issue! Delete if uninterested in opinion.

    John> And I even more humbly request that it *not* be reinstated. Rather
    John> than reiterating the arguments, I will point to Chip Rosenthal's
    John> "Reply-To Munging Considered Harmful" at
    John> , which is hereby
    John> incorporated by reference, as the lawyers say.

Totally unconvincing aside from possibility of problems introduced by munging
(some might argue this is another sign email has become over-complicated).

    John> In the interests of fair play, I will also point to Simon Hill's
    John> "Reply-To Munging Considered Useful" at
    John> .

Not only simpler and logical, it just feels right.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab Cinema, radio, television, magazines are a
New Mexico State University school of inattention: people look without
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL seeing, listen without hearing.
Las Cruces, NM 88003 -- Robert Bresson