Re: surrogate terminology

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 18:54:01 EDT

    John> Le Mardi, Septembre 12, 2000, à 11:36 AM, Misha Wolf a écrit :

>> I can't stand "astral planes". The term suggests, to me at least, that
>> these planes (and, hence, the characters in them) are not as "real" as
>> the BMP.

    John> I guess it doesn't bother me much since I'm used to talking about
    John> "imaginary" and "irrational" numbers, too. (My thirteen-year-old
    John> refuses to believe that imaginary numbers are "real." *sigh*)

Being fond of the term "bucky bits," I always harboured a secret wish to see
"bucky planes" :-)
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab Cinema, radio, television, magazines are a
New Mexico State University school of inattention: people look without
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL seeing, listen without hearing.
Las Cruces, NM 88003 -- Robert Bresson