help regarding UNICODE

From: mlinguist (mlinguist@mantraonline.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 22:27:03 EDT

I am enthusiastic to know about Unicode font system in depth, specifically with regard to Indian languages. Would anyone suggest how to go about all this?
What is the difference between Unicode fonts and other fonts? Are there separate Unicode fonts? If yes, where are they available? Is it possible to convert other fonts to Unicode?
Is keyboard arrangement in Unicode system different form that of the regular ttf fonts?? etc.....
I would be greatful for any help in this regard.
Best regards
Paresh Agarwal
Multi-Linguist- Translation agency
mlinguist@mantraonline.com