Re: [OT] Re: the Ethnologue

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 13:34:21 EDT

On 09/16/2000 04:27:45 PM Doug Ewell wrote:

>All I am asking in this particular case is for the Ethnologue editor to
>assign *one* primary name (and spelling) to each three-letter language
>code, and to relegate the other names to alternate status in a
>consistent way. That is the first necessary step, although maybe not
>the last, in moving the Ethnologue coding system closer to "maturity."

I hope my previous message adequately demonstrated that the information
inside the Ethnologue database already has the desired consistency in
categorization, and have given adequate assurances that the issue of
presenting the information is currently being addressed.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>