Re: lag time in Unicode implementations in OS, etc?

From: Mark Davis (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 10:35:49 EDT

It would be more accurate to say that it does not support all of Unicode
3.0. Just using the phrase "doesn't support 3.0" suggests that it is not
compliant. A product can be compliant to a particular version of Unicode
while only supporting a subset of the characters.

Even compliant products with good support for Unicode will often not support
*all* of the characters in the latest version of Unicode, especially as
extremely infrequent characters such as Ogham are added.

Mark