RE: New Name Registry Using Unicode

From: Carl W. Brown (cbrown@xnetinc.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 13:13:06 EDT

Marco,

I was saying that the locale be part of the name so that I would sign on to:

it_IT,www.Äöü.com

Not only would it localize properly but the request would be routed to the
server handling it_IT names.

If you don't like that then how about www.Äöü.it if you like it in URLese.
All .it names would follow the Italian rules. This should avoid most of the
problems discussed so far.

Carl