RE: Preliminary charts for Unicode 3.2 draft

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@compuserve.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 00:09:34 EDT

Asmus Freytag <asmusf@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>> Do you have a list of the Unicode 3.1 codes?
>
> They will appear in due course on ...draftunicode31
>
> You guys are all so eager!

Would you want it any other way? Of course, we are DYING to see the
new additions to Unicode -- especially those of us who are not members
and have not seen the discussions on the unicore list, and were not in
Boston or Athens when decisions were made and ballots cast. We care
about Unicode, but have had to wait longer to see updates.

The Pipeline document Ken mentioned has indeed been updated within the
past week and does now list the names of many characters to be added,
but there's nothing quite like a chart.

I found preliminary (draft) character charts for ISO/IEC 10646-2:1999
(= Unicode 3.1) somewhere in the deep and wondrous maze that is
dkuug.dk a day or so before Ken posted his message. (Note that the
correct URL is <http://wwwold.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC2/open/dr.htm>.)

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California