Encoding Hindi

From: Tom Emerson (tree@basistech.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 12:37:48 EST

Greetings all,

I'm looking for some references (print or electronic) on how Hindi is
encoded *in*reality* on the web right now. From the Hindi pages I've
seen, it appears that there is general agreement on the font encoding
and everyone writes their pages in CP-1252 or Latin-1 to that
particular encoding. How does this work in reality? It would appear
that ISCII isn't used on the web --- true?

Thanks in advance.

    -tree

Zenkaku Language Hacker                            http://www.basistech.com