RE: Indian Languges Fonts

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@europe.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 08:36:23 EST

Charlie Jolly wrote:
> Can anybody supply me with Indian language fonts that work
> with IE5.5 and
> UTF-8 encoding.
>
> Primarily I am looking for Punjabi, Gujerati, Bengali and Urdu.

The only Unicode font working with "Indic" scripts that I heard of is
Microsoft's Mangal, which has to be used in conjuction with the UniScribe
DLL. But the last time I heard it only supported Devanagari (Hindi, Nepali,
Marathi) and Tamil.

About Urdu, there are several Arabic fonts containing all the extra letters,
but I think that their don't have the high quality customary with Urdu
calligraphy.

_ Marco

Prego di notare che il mio indirizzo di e-mail č ora:
   marco.cimarosti@europe.com
Il mio vecchio indirizzo verrā chiuso fra pochi giorni.

Please notice that my e-mail address is now:
   marco.cimarosti@europe.com
My old address will be discontinued within a few days.

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com