Japanese @ in html

From: George Zeigler (genz1968@mtu-net.ru)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 17:03:04 EST

      my companies programmer can't seem to figure at what composes the
character "@" in Japanese html text as seen in:

    We copied this symbol from the Japanese text and copied the identical
symbol from English text into Word. When viewed with the same Times NewRoman
font for instance, there did seem to be a difference, which was weird. They
both became identical when viewed with a Arial Unicode.

    He wants the code as seen in html with the "&" sign. Something like
"&lkj" or whatever. Anyone have any knowledge of this?