RE: i18n URIs (was Re: Supporting this is going to be loads of

From: Mike Brown (
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 17:48:37 EST

Addison Phillips wrote:
> This code is available in a number of places. A good one
> (embedded in a clear discussion of URIs and I18n) is
> located at:

This is a nice informative document, but to my knowledge, there are no
normative specifications to back it up. It's not even a W3C Recommendation.

Tague Griffith wrote:
>There is also an RFC which Martin Duerst et. al. wrote at:

This is not an RFC, it is an Internet-Draft that expired 2 months ago. It
even says 'It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference material
or to cite them other than as "work in progress."'

A post I made to the xml-dev list yesterday explains further:

   - Mike
Mike J. Brown, software engineer at My XML/XSL resources: in Denver, Colorado, USA