Unicode and Oracle and ODBC

From: Paul Deuter (Paul.Deuter@plumtree.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 14:56:53 EST

We have been having difficulty using Unicode with Oracle through ODBC.
Apparently the most current ODBC drivers were written to the Oracle 7 API
does not have support for NCHAR and NVARCHAR2. We have tried to find an
updated ODBC driver from Microsoft, Oracle, and others but none seems to

This seems fairly incredible to me since Oracle is such a popular database
has such a presence around the world.

Does anyone know how to use Unicode with Oracle using ADO through ODBC?

Paul Deuter
Internationalization Manager