Re: [OT] Re: the Ethnologue

From: John Cowan (
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 17:34:21 EST

Kenneth Whistler wrote:

> To that I would add Glaswegian. When watching the
> Scots-produced mystery shows that show up on PBS in the United
> States on occasion, my wife and I often turn to each other
> in bafflement and say, "Subtitles, please."

Scots is a separate language! If you understand anything at all
it's by a happy accident. (There is of course Scots-flavored
English as well, which is another matter.)

There is / one art                   || John Cowan <>
no more / no less                    ||
to do / all things                   ||
with art- / lessness                 \\ -- Piet Hein