Re: OT (Kind of): Determining whether Locales are left-to-right or

From: John Cowan (
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 12:45:55 EST

Tex Texin wrote:

> For example, the case that you are suggesting goes off the rails,
> is exactly what the user would want if he were going to
> query the list of just Arabic and Israeli records and then copy and
> paste them into perhaps a spreadsheet.

Is it? I've never seen a RTL localized spreadsheet program;
perhaps the A1 column appears rightmost, in which case pasting the
logical-order would make the text end up with country in A (rightmost),
firstname in B, lastname in C. Which is what you want.

There is / one art                   || John Cowan <>
no more / no less                    ||
to do / all things                   ||
with art- / lessness                 \\ -- Piet Hein