FAQ !?

From: Nitin_Goel@i2.com
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 00:37:47 EST

Hi there,

I guess this should be a FAQ (but is'nt). I need code to convert unicode
data between
various encoding schemes (UTF16LE to UTF32BE etc...). Are there standard
routines
I can use ? If so, where can I find them ?

As an aside. I have run into trouble porting a database application which
stores UTF16LE
data onto HPUX and SUN machines. I can see that wchar_t there is defined as
unsigned long.
So most probably all wcs*() functions would expect UTF32 encoded data. Am I
correct in my
assumption ? What do I do to be certain ? What online information can I
look through for
more information on such a problem ?

Please help me in this regard. I am unable to find sufficient information
for the same.

Thanks in advance,

regards,
Nitin Goel