Re: [langue-fr] L'anglais est-il une langue universelle ?

From: Alain laBonté (alb@riq.qc.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 09:28:02 EST

À 05:45 2000-12-21 -0800, Elizabeth J. Pyatt a écrit:
>So again, I ask - other than pointing out that there are non-English
>speakers in North America and around the world, what message would you
>like to send to Unicode?

[Alain] I did answer this question many times since yesterday. Reread my
messages. I have nothing to add. I sent this text but I never thought it
would generate so many reactions. I add that it is not my text but I can
see that in addition to the provocation it perhaps contains truths that
many do not want to see at all...

If I had known I would not have sent this text to this list... But anyway,
it is done, it was read, it probably led to the effect that the actual
author -- almost certainly an English-speaking native -- wanted to produce.

Alain LaBonté
Québec