RE: [langue-fr] L'anglais est-il une langue universelle ?

From: Hohberger, Clive (CHohberger@zebra.com)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 23:03:41 EST

> >> A Korean will master Japanese in very little time.

        [Hohberger, Clive] I doubt that very much. I speak just enough
Japanese to know that the spoken language is quite different from spoken
Korean, as I found out when I subsequently visited Korea. And the Japanese
written Kanji is far closer to Chinese than the written phonetic Hangul used
by modern Koreans. Aside from the historical antipathy, to my experience,
most Koreans learn Japanese for the same reason than any other nationality
learns a language as complex as Japanese, or English for that matter:
Economic advantage or necessity, or a love of the culture.