Re: [langue-fr] L'anglais est-il une langue universelle ?

From: Darya Said-Akbari (akbari@ascom-ac.de)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 09:05:08 EST

Hello Alain,

after your explanation I dont know what we should discuss now. Did you
expect such a reaction from all the friends in this list? They all like
to tell their experiences to each
other. And once you read them you can find a lot of interesting stories.
Stories that I have read in english.

Now think there would be one guy from Iran and this guy would say that
not english or french but farsi should be the real universal language.
Think that farsi is spoken in Iran,
Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, ... . What would be the difference
for you. I think it would make a big difference for you.

Let me say this to you, it is english because the past made it this way.
It could be also mongolian. What we have now is the result of our human
being history on this planet. And
as a side effect the world simplest language has been established. In a
way that is good for all english native speaking people. But that is not
important. And do you know why?
Let me explain it to you. You can even speak the same language with your
own countrymen and its possible that you really dont understand them.

So, it is not important what you say, but it is important what you mean.
The 'what you say' is our language (take english, french, ...), but the
'what you mean' is our brain our
soul our conversation our behaviour our stories and lots more. So the
language is only a simple tool like a car that you can use or not.

Now give me the answer why english, why french? Why not farsi?

By the way, I hope no one in this list has attacked you personally. Dont
be sad that french is not the universal language, it shares its fate
with all the other world languages. And
those will also survive.

For me its also interesting to discuss this issue from Quebec out, where
this territory is neither french nor english but originally from the
indian tribes in this area. What about their
languages? I dont go deeper in this discussion but we should all be
relaxed and respect each human being in his peaceful manner. Whats
better than to get wisdom. Wisdom you
receive by learning and even by learning a new language. I have great
respect for people who are willing to learn.

I wish you and all other a happy new year.

regards
Darya