Re: Transcriptions of "Unicode": Still Missing scripts

From: Mark Davis (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Sat Jan 13 2001 - 01:41:14 EST

Briefly,

Sorry the goal was not clear. The goal is multiple languages, with at least
one language per script. There are already multiple languages for Hebrew and
Arabic scripts, for example.

ユニコード "yunikoodo" is the closest transcription for Japanese. You would not
use Hiragana for foreign words.

If I can get Mongolian, the layout can be modified.

Mark