RE: [OT] Close to latin

From: Carl W. Brown (cbrown@xnetinc.com)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 00:59:20 EST

Antone,

Because Brazil produces a large number of TV programming and Movies the
Iberian language is being influenced by the Brazilian idioms.

Some Portuguese has even been borrowed from French such as the pronoun for
the third person.

I agree that Romanian is a mixed language that to me seems to be almost
unintelligible to other Romance language speakers. However, Catalan is
another candidate if it were not spoken by a small number of people.

Carl