Re: Transcriptions of "Unicode"

From: Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk (qrczak@knm.org.pl)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 03:53:57 EST

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:09:47 -0800 (GMT-0800), G. Adam Stanislav <adam@whizkidtech.net> pisze:

> I would not be surprised if speakers of certain Slavic languages even
> changed the SPELLING to Unikod (with an acute over the [o]), as they
> have done with other imported words (such as futbal for football).

That is what we in Polish newsgroups often do, even if it's very
unofficial; I don't expect Unicode or Unikod in dictionaries soon.
Without acute over the [o], which would mean a different thing.
Actually "kod" in Polish means "code".

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak@knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/