Re: ConScript registry?

From: Michael Everson (everson@egt.ie)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 07:20:15 EST

Ar 14:54 -0800 2001-01-30, scríobh David Starner:

>On a calmer note, how many script submissions does Unicode and the
>ISO 10646 working group get now? How about from people outside Unicode
>and the working group? What about outside the standards bodies?

The occasional Southeast Asian script we hadn't seen before is brought to
our attention from outside, but in general we've identified a large set of
scripts we need to work on (see the Roadmap) and we sort of focus on that.
It is sometimes difficult to work on them because of resources available,
and for some of the scripts it is difficult to get in touch with users or
experts.

>If my guess is right, there's very few submissions from outside Unicode,
>and really no evidence that this would pick up significantly after Tengwar
>or Klingon got encoded.

I would tend to concur with this assessment.

Michael Everson ** Everson Gunn Teoranta ** http://www.egt.ie
Mob +353 86 807 9169 ** Fax +353 1 478 2597 ** Vox +353 1 478 2597