Re: Bastardizations of UTF-8 (was: Re: [OT] Unicode-compatible SQL?)

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 15:48:23 EST

John,

I am not clear from your comments which is the bug, since the doc
goes both ways. Are the doc bugs that they say
it is UTF-8, or that they say it is modified UTF-8?

It would be great to learn that the functions are actually unmodified
UTF-8, as I know of some interfaces that are writing non-Java
code and are forced to deal with specialized handling of the modified
UTF-8.
It would be great to inform them they can use standard UTF-8 library
routines.

tex

--
According to Murphy, nothing goes according to Hoyle.
Tex Texin                      Director, International Business

http://www.Progress.com #1 Embedded Database

Globalization Program http://www.Progress.com/partners/globalization.htm ---------------------------------------------------------------------------