Re: extracting words

From: Mark Davis (markdavis34@home.com)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 15:55:30 EST

Please read TUS Chapter 5 and the Linebreak TR before proceeding, as I
recommended in my last message. The Unicode standard is online, as is the
TR. Both can be found by going to www.unicode.org, and selecting the right
topic. The TR in particular discusses the recommended approach to line break
in great detail.

However, as with all Unicode functionality, you should not try to reinvent
the wheel. See if you can use the services of the OS/Platform, or get a
Unicode library (such as ICU or Basis), to cover your requirements. You
mentioned Java; it has an API for line break.

Mark

P.S. It also helps communication if we use the same terms, e.g. "line
break", not "word wrapping".
P.P.S. As to the list settings: if we change it to please you, we would
annoy someone else. We cannot simultaneously please everyone. And please,
nobody start another thread on this topic.