Re: Arabic MySQL Perl

From: Steve Cushion (cushion@lgu.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 05:00:28 EST

Dear George
I know this is not what you asked, but if all else fails
and you can find no other solution, I have found that it is
quite easy to get Arabic and Hebrew letters to display in
the correct fashion using the JAVA programming language. If
the worst came to the worst, you could always use a small
display program written in JAVA to sit on top of your main
programme
Good luck
Steve Cushion
London Guildhall University

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 09:21:54 -0800 (GMT-0800) George
Zeigler <genz1968@mtu-net.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> my company is creating sites in multiple languages with pages being created
> dynamically. The words are pulled into the pages from a MySQL database. The
> programs are written in Perl. Our programmers cannot figure out how to get
> Arabic and Hebrew working (right -> left languages). From what I've been told,
> the data is stored properly in MySQL . But getting the right -> languages to
> appear in the dynamically loaded pages only gives garbage.
>
> Any one have any experience in this are? Or is it necessary to do
> completely seperate programs?
>
> Thanks
> George

Steve Cushion